As we age, our blood pressure tends to rise. Following a healthy lifestyle – exercise,
good eating habits, reduce those things in your life that causes stress and keeping your blood pressure in check. As a
way to manage your blood pressure, herbs and spices are an excellent way to
increase the medicinal value of your food. Spices and herbs that are proving to be
antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effectiveness to boost your body's health
should be taken advantage. Herbs are low in calorie content, they add medicinal
value of your food and holistic and naturally lowers blood pressure. Add these
to your meals -- soups, salads, fish, meat and vegetable dishes. It's a
healthier and cheaper alternative to keeping bottles of expensive prescription
drugs and synthetic supplements. Below
are some herbs and spices you may have been enjoying with no idea as to their
1. Cinnamon - Cinnamon not only prevents heart disease, it can also prevent diabetes. The Center for Applied Health Sciences in Ohio conducted a study were given a 250mg of water soluble cinnamon daily it was discovered that those who drank cinnamon had a 13 to 23 percent increase in antioxidants connected with lowering blood sugar levels.
2. Garlic - Garlic contains a substance which has
antibacterial, antioxidant, lipid lowering and anti-hypertension properties.
3. Onions - Onions contain an antioxidant found to prevent heart disease and stroke.
4. Olives - This herb is a significant part of the Mediterranean diet, recognized to be one of the healthiest in the world. Oil made from olives has been found to reduce blood pressure. Polyphenols in extra-virgin olive oil is credited for the significant reduction of blood pressure.
5. Oregano - This herb was found to reduce heart rate, mean arterial pressure as well as the systolic and diastolic blood pressures by the University of Turkey.
6. Hawthorn - This herb has been traditionally used to treat high blood pressure.
7. Cardamom- This herb has a calming effect when digested daily (3 mg) and the person experiences feelings of well-being without any side effects thus reducing body stress levels creates one’s blood pressure will be effectively reduced. A study reported in India, showed improved antioxidant status while breaking down blood clots without significantly altering blood lipids and fibrinogen levels and a 3 month period.
4/26/12 - To learn more go to these sources :