These days juicing is getting serious attention. The challenge is the implementation of a juicing plan into you daily life routine. If you give yourself 10 days of the routine and having been living a juicing routine, I am convinced that juicing is the final key to giving radiant and an energetic life. We have been told over and over that valuable and sensitive micro nutrients become damaged when cook vegetables. And if you avoid all processed foods and if you can not eat only organic vegetables and fruits, the commercial ones will do but up the volume intake to increase the nutrient value ; your bodies pH levels restore themselves.
Virtually every health book and health authority recommends that we get 6-8 servings of vegetables and fruits per day and how many of us actually really get that. Juicing is an easy way to virtually guarantee that you will reach your daily vegetables.
For those who are over weight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol it is best to limit juicing using fruits unless you have normalize these conditions. (It is very important that you tell your doctor you are doing this so your blood levels can be monitored. VERY IMPORTANT. )The exception to this rule of thumb would be lemons and limes which have virtually none of the offending sugar, fructose, that causes most of the metabolic complications. I have found that lemons or limes are amazing at eliminating the bitter taste of the dark deep leafy green vegetables that provide most of the benefits of juicing.
Here are a few main reasons to consider vegetable juicing into your diet:
#1... Juicing extracts and helps you absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. This is important because most of us have poor digestion as a result a bad diet and poor food choices over many years. This prevents our body's ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. Juicing will help to "pre-digest" them for you, so you will receive most of the nutrition, rather than having it go down the toilet.
#2...Juicing allows you to efficiently consume vegetables. If you are a heavy carbs eater, (THAT WAS ME) then it is suggested that you eat 1lb. of raw vegetables per 50 lbs of body weight per day. Some people may find eating that many vegetables difficult, but it can be easily accomplished with a quick glass of vegetable juice. So if your weight is 200 lbs. the recommended amount of vegetables is 4 lbs.
#3... Your intake of juice will add more vegetables into your diet. Many people eat the same vegetable salads every day. This goes against the principle of regular food rotation thus increases your chance of developing a allergy food. But with juicing, you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole.
Now If you are new to juicing, I recommend a mid-priced juicer and stainless steal is worth the additional cost. The cheap centrifugal juicers break easily, produce low quality juice, and are very loud. You get what you pay for when it comes to juicers. Enjoy !!
Green juices are an amazing way to gain more energy and to detox. Sometimes it can be challenging to find a delicious way to make green juice, so we have come up with an easy and delicious combo for you. Keep it simple and and keep it green!
Green Juice Recipe
- 4 stalks celery
– 1 head kale or other dark, leafy green i.e. Collard Greens
– 2 carrots
– 1 apple, cored
– thumb sized piece of ginger
– 1 lemon, peeled
– 1 tsp wheat grass powder and/or hemp and barley powder plus Flax Seed
– 3 inches of aloe vera gel
Clean, peel, core and chop veggies and fruits into smaller pieces. HINT to get the most from your green leafs wrap them around the apples or celery. Feed through your juicer of choice. We recommends the Breville juicer for best results although their are several brands/modules and price ranges to choose from; just do your homework. Blend with aloe vera gel and powder additives for protein and add ice to chill it. Enjoy and feel your spirits lift.
WANT TO GET THE MOST FROM YOUR DIET??
Here are 10 guiding rules in establishing a successful life style, loosing weight naturally.
1) Know what you are eating, the root cause to disease is due to our diet and stress.
2) Do not eat when you are stressed. When are bodies are stressed it prevents the digestive system from function as designed. So it is best to relax and reduce your stress before eating.
3) Do not eat after 7pm. Move your main meal to either breakfast or lunch. Do a lite dinner.
4) When you exercise, do so to tone and not for pain. Just 15-20 minutes a day is needed to stay healthy and keep strong bones.
5) Stay away from fade or “yo-yo” diets. These have been proven to do more harm then good. It is better not to diet, but to just eat in moderation and healthy.
6) Get the internal clock functioning on a schedule. Get up when you wake up in the morning. This will help your establish solid sleep patterns and allow your body to work at it’s peak.
7) Never to bed stress or angry. Work on meditating, deep breathing exercises, take a warm shower, warm bath, listen to classical music, soft new age music but do something.
8) Your dinner should balance itself between starch and protein. Equal portions of both and it should not be the biggest meal of the day.
9) Deal with your anxiety and stress by talking with a friend, spouse, girl/boyfriend, sister, brother, etc. Do not store up what is bothering you. We are not saying you have to find resolution but get it out of being inside.
10) Learn how to relax and enjoy life. Take a break from the rat race and find something that brings a calm to you life. Music, good book, a pet.. whatever but find it.